A Guide to Proposing and Preparing for Events and Programs at Unity of Santa Barbara
All events and programs must be proposed in writing. Download proposal form
- Submit the completed proposal form, along with projections, to Unity@SantaBarbaraUnity.org or by mail to 227 E Arrellaga St, SB, CA 93101.
- If the event naturally belongs under one of the UoSB’s Community Teams (i.e. Social, Outreach, etc.), please take the project to that Team first for review and to get others involved.
- Every proposal MUST include the names of at least two people who have already made a commitment to participate in this event or program.
- Every proposal will be measured against our Mission, Vision, and Values. If the proposal is complete and fits within the boundaries of our Mission, Vision, and Values it will be approved.
APPROVAL, HOWEVER, DOES NOT GUARANTEE AVAILABLE FACILITIES FOR SPACE AND TIME REQUESTED. SEE #9.
- The proposal will be reviewed for several criteria, such as timing, competing events, appropriateness, resource requirements, etc.
- You will be notified of the review results within 2 weeks.
If a proposal is not approved, the reasons for the decision will be fully explained and may still be considered as an independent rental (i.e. not associated or co-sponsored by UoSB) The process for rental reservations can be found here FACILITY/ROOM RENTALS.
- If the event or program is approved based upon the above criteria, you may then submit a ROOM AVAILABILITY REQUEST through our website to determine the best room and availability on our reservation calendar.
- If there are certain financial arrangements involved, the appropriate agreement will be sent for signature.
Steps after Event is Approved and Calendared
- If you have requested promotion by UoSB when completing your Event Proposal, know that space in our Announcements and table space are on an “as available” basis and typically begin three Sundays prior to the date of the event.
- Please make your requests in writing and include any graphics to be used by email to email@example.com. This must be submitted at least one week PRIOR to the Sunday you wish the promotion to begin.
- You must provide a person to staff the table after the service.
- Adhering to the above process makes for a smooth and SUCCESSFUL EVENT! THANK YOU.